Your privacy is important to us. It is Fair Shot App Inc.’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you through our app, Fair Shot.
No fine print – Your data is yours. We’ll never give it to campaigns without your permission. When you sign up for a campaign, you’ll provide them with your name and email address. If you ever want to delete the data that you’ve stored with Fair Shot, simply click the “Delete All My Data” button on your profile. This will delete all information that you’ve saved with us, but may not affect data that has been transmitted to campaigns.
Fair Shot helps you talk to friends about the progressive campaigns you care about. When you sync your contacts with Fair Shot, you’ll be the only one talking to them. Fair Shot will never reach out to your contacts without your permission.
While campaigns who use Fair Shot do have access to public voter registration information, campaigns will NEVER receive any email addresses or phone numbers that you have saved in your phone. When you talk to a friend via Fairshot, you can choose to share their name and the result of the conversation with the campaign you have signed up for by BOTH:
- Matching them to their public voter profile, when prompted; and
- Recording a survey response, when prompted.
User Provided Information
Registration with us is mandatory in order to be able to use the basic functions of Fair Shot. When you register with us, you provide your (a) name, email, address, phone number, and password, and other registration information; (b) information you enter into our system when using the application, such as contact information and project management information; and (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help. We may also use information you provide us to contact you from time to time with important information, required notices, and promotional materials. Before or at the time of collecting User Provided Information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
Collection of Real Time Location Information
When you visit the Application, we may use GPS technology (or similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are in and connect you with campaigns, events and individuals in your area. We will not share your current location with other users and partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off location services in your mobile phone settings and/or within the Application.
Third Party Access to Information Obtained By The Application
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Fair Shot App, Inc., its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Fair Shot, LLC; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Application that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Opt Out Rights
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
We will retain User Provided Information only for the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons. If you would like to delete User Provided Information that you provided via the Application, simply click the “Delete All My Data” button on your profile.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, they should click the “Delete All My Data” button on their child’s profile and remove the app from their child’s phone.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
This policy is effective as of 1 June 2019.